Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community around the world.

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    May 15, 2008 at 11:39 am

Interesting that you believe that without a god there are no rules or laws governing how society behaves. We do have prisons which if the world was god-controlled I would believe there would be no need for..since god already knows the future god is aware of all future crimes and would weed out those liable to commit such acts.

When man realized the benefits of living in groups these “rules” came about in the attempt to keep the group dynamic alive with as little stress as possible. This is seen today in all sorts of animal groups.. for instance the wolf.. The only ones who mate are the alphas.. no one else gets to mate. Why would you think humans couldn’t figure out that there are rules to living in groups if the lowly animals have?

I do not believe there to be objective morals in any society at all.. each culture and society makes it’s own morality.  I would love for anyone to give me something they consider immoral that has never been considered moral in some society in the past